Somebody in another place and time looked at that gorgeous flowering tree and said, "HMMM...what shall we call it? Dog + wood...Dogwood." Such an odd name for such a beautiful plant. I suppose there are worse things to call it - mugwort comes to mind, so maybe the people naming the dogwood did us a favor.
12 comments:
I'm not familiar with that flower at all, but I'd love to have it in my garden! It's what it's called? Dogwood?
Happy WW!
Haven't seen dogwoods in a really long time. We used to have them back east.
Yes, mariposa, this is a dogwood tree. It's our provincial flower here in British Columbia and they've recently started blooming. They're gorgeous!
Those are so pretty!
I agree- so pretty. We have bupkis for flowering trees around here.
Thanks for the lovely shot!
Somebody in another place and time looked at that gorgeous flowering tree and said, "HMMM...what shall we call it? Dog + wood...Dogwood." Such an odd name for such a beautiful plant. I suppose there are worse things to call it - mugwort comes to mind, so maybe the people naming the dogwood did us a favor.
Beautiful! I just love dogwoods, they are unbelievable.
Thanks for visiting my site! Happy Wordless Wednesday :)
Oh, dern it, you had to post dogwood, didn't you?! I'm so jealous because it won't grow where I live.
Pretty. :)
excellent image...
Happy WW!!!
Those are so pretty and possess such perfection!
My WW:View from atop Castle in the Clouds NH
I love dogwoods! Beautiful shot... they look so formal!
Thanks for stopping by!
nice one for WW! mine's up too hope you can drop by...
Post a Comment