Wednesday, May 28, 2008

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday #15--For Karen

One of my far-away friends is going through some scary medical stuff with her mom tomorrow. I told her that I would keep my fingers and toes and eyes crossed for her that everything would turn out well. Because she's never seen a proper picture of me, she's having to imagine the colored-light silhouette in my profile picture with crossed eyes.

I took this photo of my daughter two years ago. We look a lot alike so, Karen, if you imagine this picture going through one of those age-progression processes to age it by about 35 years, you'll have a good idea of what I would look like with my eyes crossed. Unfortunately I can't actually do it this well--she inherited her amazing eye-crossing talent from my brother.

For another one of my Wordless Wednesday photos, see my other blog. For other people's see wordlesswednesday.com.

4 comments:

Margerie said...

LOL love it. I tell my kids they will get them stuck that way, and they believe me, but still do it.

Ahh.. the logic of young folks. I will cross some fingers for your friend too!

Hayley Townley, Breast Cancer Survivor Extraordinaire! said...

It's true - I've seen both Child #2 and Susan's brother cross their eyes like that!

Sending good thoughts Karen's way!

Corey~living and loving said...

What a nice post for your friend. :)
happy WW!

Popsicles & Lollipops said...

Wow!! An amazing talent for sure! They did uncross after this photo was taken, right? I'm trying to put to rest that old wives' tale about them getting stuck! :-)
I don't think I can cross mine this well. But of course it is hard to judge as I can only see my blurred nose. :-)

You are so very sweet, Susan-
Just a wonderful, caring friend.
Thank you for this!! I crown you my official, expert cheer-me-upper!!
Thank all of you wonderful gals for your kindness. Much love & gratitude & of course hugs & kisses too,
Karen