Monday, May 11, 2009

An uncommon combination

Taken May 10, 2009, at home.

I guess I just can't get enough of those flower pictures, because while taking a break from weeding yesterday, I took some more. And this one fits Carmi's current Thematic Photographic theme, yellow.

One of my favourite things about my haphazard gardening habits is that I don't remember, from one year to the next, just what is going to appear. These pink and yellow tulips take me by surprise every spring. Here they are from another angle:

Also taken May 10, 2009, at home, while trying not to step on the neighbouring pansies.

I once had a neighbour who kept an always-up-to-date, drawn-to-scale map of her garden. She knew every plant by name, colour, and blooming season. Her garden was beautiful--the map itself was beautiful. While I aspire to having a garden as gorgeous as hers, I don't think I will ever be as organized about it as she was. That's fine with me, because I love rediscovering forgotten friends like these guys.

3 comments:

Hayley Townley, Breast Cancer Survivor Extraordinaire said...

My garden is like getting presents every day. I like not knowing what is coming next. And I love that tulip - the yellow is so unsuspecting in the midst of that pale pink. Lovely...

Sandy said...

Beautiful picture. I must be somewhere between you and your neighbor. I remember what I have, and about where and when they should pop up, about being the key word. Can't imagine being that organized, or anal with a map though. Weeding...does one ever get done? I'm in need of doing more today and plan to head out shortly for just that purpose.

Trying to do a bit of visiting here in blog work, I'm behind.

Sandy

Sandy said...

Me, waving again...it's far too long since you posted or popped in for a visit. Hope all is well with you.

Come visit and let me know how you are.

Sandy