Friday, April 17, 2009

Just in time

I never claimed to be timely. Just in time for spring, I finished my fingerless gloves last night. (No pictures, unfortunately. It’s a gray, rainy day and my house is like a cave.) I used this pattern, which I had saved from a 2007 page-a-day knitting calendar, and Paton's SWS in Natural Plum.

As more evidence that I shouldn’t knit while watching T.V., I wasn’t completely consistent in recording how many rows I knit, and one thumb is one row shorter than the other. This, of course, is completely obvious to me and driving me crazy. I took a poll of the household: three people can’t tell at all and three cats don’t care enough to even look. I’m vacillating between ripping out one row on the longer thumb and just living with it as an exercise in non-perfectionism.

If I start the summer sweaters I planned for last year and haven’t had time for, do you think I’ll have them ready just in time for the first snowfall?

3 comments:

Hayley Townley, Breast Cancer Survivor Extraordinaire said...

My right thumb is at least one full stitched row larger than the other. Which one is longer on your pair? Maybe you should send them to me. Of course, if it's the other side, then it would be really noticeable (like two entire stitched rows).

Let me know.

Sandy said...

I wouldn't rip out, might sneak in a little crocheted row on the shorter one to make them closer in size?

Thanks so much for your support during this difficult time, I really appreciate it.

Sandy

Big Brother said...

If I know you as well as I think I do, you'll be dwelling on that extra row every time you wear them.
Destroy them immediately and start over. Perfectionism is not a crime!