Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Calendar journal

I recently bought the book Journal Revolution and I’ve been eagerly waiting for a new month so I could start a calendar journal. Basically, you start with a blank calendar page and fill in a square every day in whatever way you want.

I’ve got several ideas for themes, but being a word person that’s what I’m starting with. For a while I’ve been collecting words from magazines, catalogues, and junk mail to use in collages and other craft projects. For each day in July, I will find a word that has something to do with my day and glue that into the square.

Child Two is joining me this month. She’s chosen a flower theme. She’s planning to fill each square with a flower image—cut and glued, stamped, or hand drawn. If she enjoys it and decides to keep going, I’m sure we’ll see a cat theme sooner or later.

I’ll post some pictures once we’re further along.

2 comments:

Hayley Townley, Breast Cancer Survivor Extraordinaire said...

I KNEW you were not going to be able to not do it! I'll make you a word with my cool fonts and email it to you, then you can decide what day to use it! Hmmm...now I get to think of a word...

Popsicles & Lollipops said...

Sounds fun, Susan! Looking forward to seeing what you two gals come up with.
Hugs,
Karen